Most marketers are always on the lookout for new ways to grow their email lists. We know that the more ways you can gain new emails for your list, the better.
The average email list naturally loses approximately 22.5% each year. This is why it’s so important to always grow your list – it helps make up for those lost subscribers.
Below are some ideas that work to expand your email list.
1. Stay ahead of the competition by offering a better or stronger lead magnet. If your competition is offering a 30-point checklist, make yours a 50-point checklist. It takes a little research, but it’s a great way to keep tabs on what’s happening.
2. Include content upgrades in your blog posts. Here are 30 content upgrade ideas you can use.
3. Use gated content. Gated content is content that’s on your website but can’t be accessed until the visitor enters provides their email address.
4. Consider hosting webinars. There are free webinar hosting tools such as Google+ Hangouts on Air, and they convert participants really well since ‘live’ events have a high value.
5. Host a giveaway. A giveaway can require participants to sign up with their email address, and you can give them additional entries if they share the giveaway on their social media accounts.
6. Create a quiz and make it mandatory that all participants enter their email address before they can view the quiz results. Qzzr a great tool for this.
7. Offer a coupon in exchange for an email address if you have an ecommerce site.
8. Offer something for free like a tool or a software download that would require an email address to sign up.
9. Use Facebook ads to drive traffic to a landing page and make sure you include an opt-in on the page.
10. Participate in LinkedIn groups so you can become known as an expert. Then, post a link to your landing page to offer additional information to the group members.
11. Add sharing buttons to your email signature and your thank you pages so that your existing subscribers and contacts can help spread the word for you.
12. Add a sign up button to your Facebook Page.
13. Add a call-to-action to your Google+ Page that takes people to your landing page.
14. Submit guest blog posts to popular blogs that also serve your audience and market. Include a call to action in the byline that links to your landing page.
15. Add a call to action to your About page with a form.
Hopefully this list gave you some ideas and can kick-start the expansion of your email list. If you need help, give us a shout! Our experts can help customize a plan specifically to help your email list work for you!